Friday, January 2, 2009

Coconut Milk Pudding





This is one of my friend’s recipe which I modified a bit. Her recipe had coconut milk taken from fresh coconut scraped with fresh milk. Instead of that I now use the coconut milk available in tins. My husband likes this dessert a lot.

Coconut Milk – 1 tin (400 ml). (The lite coconut milk works good as well)
Milk – same quantity as that of coconut milk (400 ml, I measure in the same tin and use 2%)
Condensed Milk – 1 tin (Fat free is good enough)
Gelatin – 3 tsp (I usually use the halal gelatin)
Cornflakes for topping

Mix together the coconut milk, 2% milk and condensed milk. In slow fire warm the mixture, no need to boil. Turn off the heat. Meanwhile warm 3tbsp of water and melt the gelatin in it. Add the gelatin to the milk mixture and mix nicely. Pour the mixture to a dish and cool the pudding. While serving, top it with crushed cornflakes. This time since I didn’t have any cornflakes, I tried it with the Kashi Go lean crunch cereal which we felt better than the cornflakes as it was little bit more crunchier and had roasted almond pieces too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Very Yummy.. I could serve to a party with pride!

smitha said...

thanks ichu, i made this. it came out well.it was a little extra sweet, so next time intent to reolace the coconut milk with orginal "karikku".will tell you how it turns out.